Monday 17 August 2015

Disney Book Tag

So, I was searching for something fun for my next blog post, and stumbled upon the Disney Book Tag. Since I love Disney, it seemed like the perfect tag for me, so here we go.
1. The Little Mermaid: A character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”
I’m going to go with America Singer from The Selection series, because, since she’s a Five, she’s never really had any luxury. Also, the dresses. She’s not used to wearing dresses, and actually prefers jeans (I feel with you, America).
 
2. Cinderella: A character who goes through a major transformation
I could write a very long list of characters, but I’ll go with Sydney Sage from Vampire Academy and Bloodlines, because – SPOILER ALERT – she goes from hating Moroi and being terrified of them to becoming friends with them. For those of you who have read Vampire Academy and Bloodlines, you know how she is around Moroi, and how scared she gets when they use magic. Going from that to being friends with them and more, well, that is a major transformation.
 
3. Snow White: A book with an eclectic cast of characters
The Selection, because there is at first thirty-five very different girls. There is everything from quiet, shy girls to girls who are used to the spotlight and loves it. There are musical people, models, rich, poor, you name it.
 
4. Sleeping Beauty: A book that put you to sleep
I don't read a lot of books like that, but one that definitely put me to sleep is Stone Cold by Robert Swindells. This was a book we had as an assignment in school, and it is clearly not what I usually read, but I read it. And I didn’t like it. It was long and boring and, well, it put me to sleep.
 
5. The Lion King: A character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood
Calla from Stay With Me by J. Lynn, aka Jennifer L. Armentrout. SPOILER ALERT: When she was a kid, her house burned down and her two little brothers died.
 
6. Beauty and the Beast: A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful
Nowadays, I don’t get intimidated easily by big books, but a big book I read when I was younger that I felt was huge back then was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but I loved it. Back then, I was about nine years old, now I don’t really care how big the book is.
 
 
7. Aladdin: A character who gets their wish granted, for better or for worse
Bella from Twilight, because she finally becomes a vampire in Breaking Dawn, but the road there almost killed her.
 
8. Mulan: A character who pretends to be someone or something they are not
Keenan from Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, because he pretends to be human, but he’s not.
 
9. Toy Story: A book with characters you wish would come to life
This one is so hard! There are so many characters I wish would come to life. Maybe Fall With Me (Jennifer L. Armentrout) or Cress (Marissa Meyer). Two completely different books, but I love all the characters from The Lunar Chronicles and Wait for Me series. There is actually I reason why I picked the last books in both series, because then I get all characters, not just the ones from the first book, haha.  
 
10. Disney Descendants: Your favorite villain or morally ambiguous character
The first one that pops into my mind is Sebastian from The Mortal Instruments. I really don’t know why I like him (although I really, really hate him, too), I just do. And besides, if we’re talking about villains, he’s probably one of the most evil villains there is, at least from the books I’ve read (and that is admittedly a whole lot of books).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.