Tuesday 28 June 2016

Review: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J, Maas


*WARNING: This review will contain major spoilers of previous books in the series*
Title: Queen of Shadows
Author: Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 oh-my-god-I-love-it hearts
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pub. date: September 1st 2015
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Synopsis: Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she’s at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past…

She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen’s triumphant return.

The fourth volume in the New York Times bestselling series continues Celaena’s epic journey and builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world. (synopsis from Goodreads)

My thoughts: I’m not even sure how to write a review of this book, but I’ll try. A warning: be prepared for a lot of freaking out over the awesomeness of this book and the characters, a lot of caps (yes, it’s necessary), and possibly some incoherent sentences about Aelin and Rowan (oh my goodness, the chemistry!).

Aelin is still awesome

   I don’t know how many times I’ve used words like awesome, amazing and bad-ass to describe how much I love Aelin, but really, none of those words are enough. I don’t know any words that could explain how absolutely freaking amazing x300000 Aelin is! SHE IS SO BADASS AND INDEPENDENT AND SELF-SACRIFICING AND JUST GREAT. This is seriously bothering me, that I can’t find any words. I’ve just loved her more and more after every book, AND DID I MENTION I LOVE HER? SO, SO MUCH!

   Now, if you somehow managed to miss that I love Aelin, I LOVE AELIN GALATHYNIUS, QUEEN OF TERRASEN!
 
I ship Aelin and Rowan so much!

   Okay, so let’s move on. (To more freaking out and caps.) Now about the perfectness of Aelin and Rowan. Oh my goodness, the chemistry between the two of them. To you who have read my review of Heir of Fire, forget everything I wrote about them. I SHIP THEM SO HARD! In Heir of Fire, I desperately wanted to hold on to Celaena and Chaol, but truth is, it’s not about Celaena anymore, but Aelin. And although I shipped Celaena and Chaol and Celaena and Dorian in the previous books, Celaena doesn’t exist anymore. AND AELIN AND ROWAN ARE JUST SO PERFECT TOGETHER!  I love how they can talk to each other without actually talking. I love how both of them are trying to protect each other, but neither of them will just sit by and let the other take care of the problems. I love the chemistry between them. I just LOVE THEM! And I loved that we got to read more from Rowan’s perspective in this book. I really love Rowan, he’s just so awesome! I’m not even going to start, because that would just be more caps and exclamation signs.


   In Heir of Fire, I have to admit, I was a bit hesitant to Manon, but at the end, I was hopeful for Queen of Shadows, and I was right to hope. I absolutely loved her in this book. This just proves that first impression doesn’t really matter. I was also happy to notice that we got more of her in this book. And I hope so much that we get to see more of her and Dorian in the next book!

   There is just so much going on in this book that I can’t talk about all of it, because then this review would be way too long. Let’s just say without spoiling too much that there are so many new ships in this book, and you never get a break from all the stuff that happens.


This book is just so awesome!

   The plot was amazing, as usual, and the writing, too. I feel I am overusing the words amazing, awesome and great right now, it’s just that I can’t find any other adjectives to describe my feelings right now. I’m not sure if there even are any words that can explain how much I LOVE THIS BOOK!




   To sum it up: I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH IT’S NOT EVEN FUNNY! If you haven’t read it yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? READ IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.