Wednesday 18 January 2017

My Year in Books 2016

This has been such an awesome year, filled with amazing books! In this post, I will tell you all about the prettiest covers, best characters, most disappointing books, and more! At the end of the post, I will list my favorite book of the year (which was a really hard task, as there are so many great books that have been published this year). So stay tuned!

Best cover
So, I have a few favorites from this year. The Destined by E.J. Mellow, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, and Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake. All of these covers are beautiful and completely different, and I love all of them, but my favorite is The Destined. I love the colors, and I love that it's with both Molly and Dev, but what's best about the cover (and all the covers from this series) is that it really matches the book.



Best male character
So, the nominees for this one are: Rowan from Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas, Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, and Aldrik from the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova. This one was, if possible, even harder to pick, not to mention how hard to was to narrow it down to three favorites. After a lot of back and forth, I picked Rhysand, because the amount of swooning I did through ACOMAF was seriously ridiculous, and I really loved him in it, so he's my favorite.

Best female character
Nominees: Feyre from A Court of Mist and Fury, Vhalla from Crystal Crowned, and Molly from The Destined. These are all badass, independent, great characters, but my favorite was Vhalla, because she was really relatable, fun to read about and I just needed to know how things ended up for her. I loved her!

Most disappointing book
This is some great news: I don't actually have three nominees for this category. I have two that was disappointing, but only one that I was really disappointed with. So, the nominees are Captivate Me by S.J. Pierce and City of Shadows by Pippa DaCosta. The most disappointing one was Captivate Me. It seemed really interesting, and unique, but there was way too much focus on the romance, and the plot was too slow and a bit boring at times.


Best Contemporary Romance
This one is really difficult, because there have been so many good Romance books 2016. My nominees are: Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry, Fire in You by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and Paper Princess by Erin Watt. I really loved all these books, they were romantic and suspenseful and just amazing! I picked Walk the Edge because I could really relate to the main character, Breanna. The plot was amazing, and I loved Razor!


Best Fantasy
I had difficulty picking just three nominees for this genre, because there have been so many amazing Fantasy books 2016, and picking just three felt wrong, but here they are: The Destined by E.J. Mellow, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, and Crystal Crowned by Elise Kova. All these books were perfectly written, the with Fantasy worlds that drew you in and kept you in, even though they are all very different. My favorite (and I use the word very lightly, because I loved all of them) is  ACOMAF. This book had me going through so many emotions I didn't know what to do with myself. The characters were amazing, the romance was swoon-worthy, the plot was fast-paced and captivating, and the writing was great.

My favorite book of 2017
And here comes the most difficult one of all. There have been so many amazing books 2016, both Fantasy and Contemporary, and it was almost impossible to pick three nominees, let alone one favorite. The nominees are: The Destined, ACOMAF and Walk the Edge. These were all amazing in different ways, and I absolutely loved them, and everyone should read them, but my pick is ACOMAF, because it gave me all the feels and made me want to hug it and throw it at the same time. It was simply amazing.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.