Saturday 8 July 2017

Blogger of the Month: Chez at ChezReadz

This post is a bit late, sorry for that guys, but it's finally here! Blogger of the Month! I'm really excited about this new feature, getting the chance to share some of my favourite bloggers! And I'm starting out with a really good friend of mine, Chez from ChezReadz. Chez is really sweet and fun, and I love talking about books (and fangirling) with her! Keep reading for my interview with her!



What book got you into reading as a habit? What about it made you want to continue reading?
I was going to be totally unoriginal and say Harry Potter but I just remembered that that isn't true! When I was little I hated reading because I wasn't good at it and I was behind my classmates, but I remember picking up the Ice Princess from the Geronimo Stilton series. They were totally in at the time so my mom got the book for me and I loved it! I slowly made my way up to more and harder books and then I decided that I actually liked it!
I wanted to continue reading becuause it quite literally transports you to another place or time. I was teased and bullied for a while so I think that reading really helped me escape all that and then I just never stopped.

What do you like to do apart from reading? What things can you not live without?
Sports! I did gymnastics and ballet for some years and I still love sporting even if I do it for myself.  Alongsides that there's also writing (which I have to like or I wouldn't have a blog haha) and watching tv shows or series. My best friend would fight me on this, but I'm actually picky with what I watch and often end up rewatching my favorite series. Then there's also taking bookish photos for Instagram! Honestly I couldn't live without my phone because that's the way I talk to my international friends (who are basically the ones I can't live without) and my family.... and books.

What is a book/series that you would recommend everyone to read? (I know this is a tough one to pick, so feel free to pick a few!)
The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa all the way! It was one of the series that got me into YA and it still is on my favorites list. I'd also recommend Sarah J. Maas' seires, Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses series. The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and lastly of course Harry Potter.

What are your go-to authors when you want something you just know you're going to love? Whose books you automatically add to your TBR without even reading the synopsis? Why?
Are you ready for all the awesome names I'm going to mention? Good!
Sarah J. Maas, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Julie Kagawa and Kasie West.

How do you pick which book to read next?
I can almost never stick with TBRs so I'll just base it of my mood. I'll then scroll through Goodreads or talk to my bookish friends and pick from the books that seem to fit what mood I'm in then.

What made you want to start blogging?
I was reading a magazine that talked about blogging one day and I was sold on the idea! I wanted a place where I could meet and talk to people who loved books as much as I did and decided to just give it a try.

What was the hardest part of starting your blog? What is the hardest part of blogging right now?
The hardest part then was finding the courage to actually do it. I had all these doubts in my mind and it kept me from publishing my blog. My mom then confinced me to just do it by telling me that I could always quit.
Now the hardest part is keeping up with it. I have ideas for posts and all that jazz, but (especially if I have a lot going on) I often find myself forgetting to make time to actually write the ideas.

What is your favourite part about blogging?

Trying to make it fun and just writing what comes to mind is something that I really like. One of my favorite things is also meeting new people. I met some really fun people so I'll never get bored with it as long as I have those people and new ones.

What is your favourite kind of post? Why?
Reviews! I think that they're really easy because you just write about your opinion on a book or bookish item. Reviews are also always different so I like going to different blogs and reading and writing different reviews.

Name some bloggers you'd love to meet in person!
You, obviously but I'd also love to meet Katie from CityofFiction and Fey from Feysbookishworld.

Describe your bookshelf!
My bookshelf has three sections and two of the three are besides each other while the last section is above them. Sections one has the Shadowhunters series and the Harry Potter series, which are lying on their sides because there are many books in those series. Section two has hardcovers and then review copies while the third section has my personal favorites and some small books. There are candles EVERYWHERE and I also have stuffed animals and snowglobes and that kind of stuff sitting here and there.

What is your favourite quote? What do you love about it?
Hmm..... I have a few but let's go with this one;
"He thinks he'll be remembered as the villain in the story. But I forgot to tell him the villain is usually the person who locks up the maiden and throws away the key. He was the one who let me out..."
I like this quote so much because it shows us that if you look at someone else's perspective the villain can often be the person you yourself like most and that nothing is black and white. The person who'll lock you up can be the one you love the most while the person you hate will let you out.

What advice would you give to someone who's just starting their blog?
This is going to sound cliche, but just have fun with it! Don't force anything, seriously. If you don't feel like posting make up for it by interacting with people. Also keep in mind that there's growing involved and even if your blog won't get a million visitors, the important part is that you like it and have fun!

Thank you so much for taking taking the time to answer these questions, Chez!

About Chez:
My name is Recheza Vriesde aka Chez (or Chez Mix if you’re one of my close friends). Iam a teenager and am absolutely obsessed with books, and that’s why I made this blog! I really enjoy talking about things that I love and this really helps me grow. I met a lot of really cool people through this community and I hope to continue doing that.

Chez's links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.