Sunday 20 May 2018

Magical and fun - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay

Title: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
Author: J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 hearts
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Pub. date: November 18th 2016
Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books
Synopsis: J.K. Rowling's screenwriting debut is captured in this exciting hardcover edition of the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay.

When Magizoologist Newt Scamander arrives in New York, he intends his stay to be just a brief stopover. However, when his magical case is misplaced and some of Newt's fantastic beasts escape, it spells trouble for everyone…

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them marks the screenwriting debut of J.K. Rowling, author of the beloved and internationally bestselling Harry Potter books. Featuring a cast of remarkable characters, this is epic, adventure-packed storytelling at its very best.

Whether an existing fan or new to the wizarding world, this is a perfect addition to any reader's bookshelf. (synopsis from Goodreads)

I really enjoyed reading this. It was exactly like the movie, which was expected, but also made me a bit hesitant to read it. I was worried it wouldn’t be as fun to read because I’d already seen the movie, but I was so wrong. It was so much fun to read it! I will try and review it like I would any book.

   I love Newt!

   He was so much fun to read about, but what I loved the most was that he was really relatable. He’s a bit socially awkward, and you get the impression he doesn’t really have many friends. He also loves beasts, and wants to help them in whatever way he can, by taken care of them and by educating the rest of the wizarding world about them.

   By now, you probably know I love this world.

   This world that Rowling has created is probably one of my favourite ones, and it will always mean a lot to me, because of Harry Potter. I knew from experience how easy it is to get lost in this world, how you forget you’re reading and become completely immersed in the book, the characters and the world. I’d start reading and then get brutally brought back to the real world and wonder how I didn’t notice several hours had gone by.

   I loved the beasts!

   Here’s the thing; I love animals. And the beasts in this book are amazing, and so cute and beautiful! Usually, I like to make my own pictures while I read, but this time, I liked that I already had pictures in my mind of all the beasts, it added to the experience and made it even more magical for me.

   I actually liked the way it was written.

   The only reason I waited so long to read this was because I was hesitant to read a movie script. I was worried I wouldn’t enjoy it as much as I would a normal book. That I wouldn’t get to know the characters the way I want. That the world wouldn’t feel as magical. That it just wouldn’t be as enjoyable. I was wrong. It worked way better than I’d expected. I got to know the characters the way I want. It was just as magical as the Harry Potter books. It was definitely enjoyable. And I loved seeing the wizarding world in another part of the world.


   So basically, for those of you who, like me, are hesitant because it’s a movie script, don’t be discouraged, because it’s totally awesome. I loved getting another glimpse of the wizarding world, and it was magical and fun and totally enjoyable. I would definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.