Monday 4 March 2019

A Really Sweet Sports Romance - Player Review

*Disclaimer: I received a review copy from the author for review consideration. This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed in this review are unbiased and my own.*
Title: Player
Series: What Happens on Campus #1
Author: M.L. Sparrow
My rating: 4 hearts
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pub. date: September 1, 2016
SynopsisLet the game begin… 

After a tragic accident which leaves her tormented by guilt, Chloe Newman accepts a scholarship to study a St. Joseph’s University. Traveling from England to Texas, the last thing she expects is to meet the schools charming quarterback on her first night. However, Parker Mitchell is a player both on and off the field. 

Parker is immediately fascinated by Chloe and, after a rocky start, they manage to find a way to make their relationship work despite interference from others on campus, including Parkers jealous ex, and the ghosts that haunt Chloe’s conscience. But, the real test comes when they visit Parker’s family over Christmas break and he finds himself being pulled back into their lifestyle... (synopsis from Goodreads)

I really enjoyed this book. The romance was great, and I liked the plot, but the highlight was definitely the characters. They were all so layered and I loved how they played with stereotypes. 

I loved Chloe. She was really relatable and interesting to read about. And she was really refreshing, too. She didn’t overreact to misunderstandings, which I really liked. And I also liked Parker. Like Chloe, he was a little stereotypical, but he also didn’t entirely fit into the stereotype, and I liked it. I really don’t like stereotypes, so of course, I loved how these characters broke those stereotypes.

I really liked the romance. It was really sweet, and kind of slow-burn, which I really like. And the plot was good, albeit a little slow at times, but I enjoyed it. And I have to admit, I love a good sports romance. Of course, when I got the chance to read and review this one, I couldn’t say yes fast enough!

I really enjoyed Player. While the plot was a bit slow at times, I really loved the characters, who were layered and relatable, and the romance was really sweet. I’d definitely recommend this one for fans of sweet romance, or fans of sports romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.