Monday 18 March 2019

The Faery's Guide to Surviving the Mythic World

Hi guys! And welcome to my new feature on the blog! I recently started The Guild Codex: Spellbound, an Urban Fantasy series by Annette Marie, and really enjoyed it. In the series, the reader is introduced to the world of mythics, people able to use magic of different kinds. But how do you survive in the world of mythics? Keep reading to find out! Or you can check out my review of the first book here. 

1.    Stay away from mythics.
Mythics are bound to get you into trouble. Just look at Tori’s story. Nothing good can come out of hanging out with mythics. Here’s your last warning: stay away from mythics.

2.    Steal magic.
Okay, so you didn’t stay away from mythics? Then you need to steal some magic, as soon as possible. You’re going to need a way to protect yourself against all the rogue mythics that’ll no doubt try to hurt you. So figure out a way to steal magic, fast.

3.    Find a (somewhat) friendly guild.
Okay, so you’re human. You can’t join the guild. But you should definitely make some friends from the guild. When you get yourself into trouble, those friends can keep you from dying. Then stick close to those friends. You’ll need them.

4.    Avoid rogue mythics.
I know, you didn’t listen to my first advice about staying away from mythics. But seriously, you should definitely stay away from rogue mythics. If you don’t, you’re on your own. And in deep trouble.

5.    Don’t get involved in mythic dealings.
If you necessarily have to be involved with mythics, stay out of their dealings. That’s a surefire way to get yourself into deep trouble. If you have any resemblance of self-preservation, you’ll leave them to take care of their business.




Title: Three Mages and a Margarita
Series: The Guild Codex: Spellbound #1
Author: Annette Marie
My rating: 3.5 hearts
Genre: New Adult, Urban Fantasy
SynopsisBroke, almost homeless, and recently fired. Those are my official reasons for answering a wanted ad for a skeevy-looking bartender gig.

It went downhill the moment they asked me to do a trial shift instead of an interview—to see if I'd mesh with their "special" clientele. I think that part went great. Their customers were complete dickheads, and I was an asshole right back. That's the definition of fitting in, right?

I expected to get thrown out on my ass. Instead, they… offered me the job?

It turns out this place isn't a bar. It's a guild. And the three cocky guys I drenched with a margarita during my trial? Yeah, they were mages. Either I'm exactly the kind of takes-no-shit bartender this guild needs, or there's a good reason no one else wants to work here.

So what's a broke girl to do? Take the job, of course—with a pay raise. (synopsis from Goodreads)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.