Tuesday 3 May 2016

Book Tag: R.I.P It or Ship It


Sorry for being absent most of the week. I just started a new job, which has kept me busy, and school seems to have decided to dump everything on us right now, so I have a whole bunch of very important tests and essays that I need to study for, so I don’t know how much I’ll be able to post in the next few weeks. On a happier note, I am posting today, and I think this is pretty interesting. I just came across this tag by accident while I was blogging and looking for something to blog about, and I thought it seemed interesting, so here we go. I have 20 scraps of paper with different characters on them. I will take two names, completely at random, that will make a couple, and then I will decide if I ship it or if I hate it. I have to admit, I’m a bit scared. I have all kinds of characters in there, from all kinds of books. Without further ado, let’s start!


Number 1: Magnus Bane (from The Mortal Instruments) and Seth (from The Covenant)
Definitely not. I really can’t see these two together, and it’s not because I can’t see Magnus with anyone but Alec. I don’t think they will work together, I think they’re both too… well, too much them for them to work as a couple.
R.I.P it!

Number 2: Hermoine Granger (from Harry Potter) and Severus Snape (from Harry Potter)
God, no. Never in a million years. This one doesn’t even require an explanation.
R.I.P it!

Number 3: Alexandria Andros (from The Covenant) and Queen Levana (from The Lunar Chronicles)
Uh… I’m not really sure what to think of this one, actually. They might work, but Levana if just so… evil, so no. What with Alex saving the world and stuff, I can’t see them together.
R.I.P it!

Number 4: Tessa Grey (from The Infernal Devices) and Julian Blackthorn (from The Dark Artifices)
If I forget the part about Julian being in love with one of Jem’s relatives, I might be able to see them work. I think they’re both very family oriented, so they might work together. And just imagine the two of them raising a bunch of kids together.
Ship it!

Number 5: President Snow (from The Hunger Games) and Dorian (from Throne of Glass)
I’m actually about to cry. I absolutely love Dorian (love him!), and President Snow might be one of my most hated villains ever. Not joking.
R.I.P it!

Number 6: Ash (from The Iron Fey) and Anna (from Anna and the French Kiss)
My immediate response is no, but if I think about it, it might work. I mean, they’re basically each other’s opposite, but that might be what makes them work. Opposites attract and all that jazz, right?
Ship it!

Number 7: Katniss Everdeen (from The Hunger Games) and Sydney Sage (from Bloodlines)
Oh my God! I’m imagining the two of them together now, and I think it works. They’re both amazing heroines, strong and independent and willing to fight for what they believe in. Maybe they’re too independent, but I think they would totally work.
Ship it!

Number 8: Cress (from The Lunar Chronicles) and Roth (from The Dark Elements)
Uh, no. I don’t think so. I mean, after spending so much time all alone in space, Cress needs some coaxing to come out of her shell (no pun intended) and I don’t think Roth could do that. I love Roth and all, but I don’t think it would work.
R.I.P it!

Number 9: Harry Potter (from Harry Potter) and Augustus Waters (from The Fault in Our Stars)
No. Just no. They would just not work.
R.I.P it!

Number 10: Carswell Thorne (from The Lunar Chronicles) and Anna Whitt (from The Sweet Series)
Okay, this one’s pretty hard. On one hand, I think Anna might be too, well, angelic for Thorne. On the other hand, they’re very different, and I think they would complement each other well. After a lot of thinking, I’m going to go with…
Ship it!

So, that was it! Ten new couples, some I could actually ship, some that I want to scrub my brain for ever imagining together. What did you think of the couples? Do you agree with me? Or do you ship someone else? Share you thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.