Thursday 1 September 2016

Review: The Divide (Dreamland #2) by E.J. Mellow

Title: The Divide
Author: E.J. Mellow
My rating: 5 hearts
Genre: New Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pub. date: October 15th 2015
Publisher: Four Eyed Owl
Synopsis: Molly finally uncovers the truth about the strange dreams that plagued her sanity for weeks. Now destined to accept a clandestine role, Molly must find the strength and courage buried deep to push forward and succeed.
With the help of Dev, the roguish blue-eyed man of her dreams—whose dark past resurfaces to haunt him—Molly prepares to test the limits of her newly awakened powers and set right a world on the edge of being consumed by nightmares.
But when an unknown shadow stalks her every step and a shocking revelation about her ancestry comes to light, Molly may find herself forced to make a decision that could leave her alone in the dark and standing on the wrong side of a divide.
From Award Winning Author, E.J. Mellow, comes the heart-thumping second installment in The Dreamland Series. (synopsis from Goodreads)
My thoughts: I don't even know where to begin. Those of you who have read my review of The Dreamer know how much I loved it. Those of you who didn't, it is one of my favourite books, which is saying something, considering how many books I've read and loved.
   The Divide was better. Seems impossible, I know, but it was. I don't know how. I seriously don't underatand how Mellow keeps doing this to me.
 
   I love the characters.
   Yes, I love all of them. Reading about Molly is amazing, she is so relatable and funny and badass and a great heroine. I love her. Aveline is also badass, and in this book, we get an explanation on why she acts as she does towaeds Molly, and they actually start tolerating each other. I really loved it!
   Yes, I know what you're wondering. Did I actually forget the best thing? No, I didn't forget Dev. I just saved the best for last. And, honestly, I'm not sure where to start. I love him too much for words. Sounds cliché, I know, but it's true. I loved him in The Dreamer and I love him even more in The Divide. In this book, we get to know him more deeply, we find out some pretty big and important stuff that gives us a deeper understanding of Dev. I won't tell you what, you'll have to read it to find out, but it broke my heart for him. It made the ending so much worse (I'll get back to that later).
   The writing is a booklover's dream come true.
   I mentioned this in my review of The Dreamer, and I'll mention it again. The writing in this book is amazing. It makes everything feel so real. It makes it even better to read about Molly, as if she needed any help with that. Mellow's writing is what dreams are made of. It is exactly how a book should be written. Every aspiring Fantasy author out there should read this series, and hope to be able to write even a fraction as good as this, and they'll be successful. It's that good.
   The plot evolves, and I love the idea of the Merus and Terra and everything about the world. The Dreamland series is a world that will catch you and keep you stuck until the very last page.
   And that ending. It was horrible. It broke my heart. I cried. A lot. And then cried some more. I need The Destined now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.