Sunday 28 May 2017

Character Interview: Apolline from Princess of Tyrone by Katie Hamstead


Hi guys! I have something really exciting to share with you today! You have no idea how hard it's been to keep this from you the last few months, but it's finally here! A character interview with Apolline from Princess of Tyrone, the first book in The Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles by Katie Hamstead. I absolutely loved the book, and Apolline was so much fun to read about, she's totally badass and cool, and I'm so excited to have gotten the chance to interview her. Keep Reading for the interview, plus some teasers.


Title: Princess of Tyrone
Author: Katie Hamstead
My rating: 5 hearts
Genre: New Adult, Science Fiction, Romance
Pub. date: March 31st 2016
Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press
Synopsis: Apolline is happy hunting magical creatures on her pirate infested outer-perimeter planet. She is a fantastic shot, and doesn’t flinch at the blood and guts of her kills. Never once did she consider she could be the missing Princess of Tyrone.

All her life, she has heard the story of the Princess, cursed to sleep for eternity, unless her betrothed, the Prince of Oran, gave her true love’s kiss. Although Apolline knows she is betrothed, she thinks her fairy guardians arranged it out of ignorance of human ways. The thought she could be a princess is inconceivable.

Then Allard appears. Handsome, charming—but he’s not hers to have. He’s betrothed, too. Her guardians warn her against her new found friendship, but she and Allard meet in secret anyway. Despite her rough exterior, he sees beyond her gun-slinging bravado, and their love blossoms.

But the deadline for the sleeping curse is approaching. If Apolline falls in love with the wrong person, she could end up sleeping forever.

A quirky, adventurous retelling of Sleeping Beauty, with a less than princess-ly princess! (synopsis from Goodreads)


The Interview
Tell us three things no one knows about you.

Hmm... I once knocked myself out in the woods experimenting with a trap. Yeah, I didn't want to share that one with the fairies. Luckily, it was only for a few minutes, and the town doc cleared me.

I love yuckah sausage rolls. Like, really, really love. So much that if I had an endless supply, I'd be a million pounds by the end of the week. No restraint. Just eat. Rules need to be made in the palace or that might happen because the servants never tell me no...

The night of my wedding, I totally ditched Allard to hang out with my cousin I never met before. She's just a little younger than me, and so much fun. I think if I'd died, she might have been next in line. I can't recall meeting any other cousins my age. But Lucy is the sweetest person I've ever met with a fierce stubborn streak which I'm pretty sure runs in the family. I spent about two hours with her before Allard showed up frantic that the sorceress had found me again and hurt me. Ha ha!

You had a very different childhood. What was it like to be raised by fairies?

Awesome, I guess? I mean, I don't know what else to compare it to. I guess not having magic constantly around me would be different. The fairies did everything using magic, chores, meals and so forth, but they still made me work things on my own so I could be self-reliant. I don't think other kids had to drink tonic every night like I did, and sometimes I felt pretty isolated because everyone was terrified of Sophronia. But Fantine made for a great parent and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

You're a really good hunter. What got you into hunting in the first place?

Sophronia made me. She has very little patience, especially for children, and I was easily bored. So, to get me out from under her feet, she taught me how to hunt. She yelled at me a whole bunch, but once I had it down, she liked it because I wasn't at home so much.

What is your happiest memory?

Hmm... bed time was always nice. Fantine would sit and tell a story while Ashlan would add her two kep as well. I enjoyed the time with them both, and I think it helped me feel close to them.

What is your biggest fear?

Fear? What? Ha ha! My biggest fear is that I will fail the people I care about.

What was your first impression of Allard?

So handsome! But a rich inner planet snob.

Allard seems really great. What are your favourite and least favourite things about him?

My least favorite things is that he always does everything so perfectly. He's always poised and handles media and politics without flinching. I wish just once I wouldn't look like a bumbling idiot beside him.

But, he is warm, and loving and so very loyal. I guess my favorite thing about him is that I can trust him so completely.

Describe what the perfect date would be like.
 
Making out somewhere where there isn't any cameras! Seriously, Allard is so sexy I struggle to keep my hands off him, but having the media catching us gets old fast.

Three quick questions:
Favourite food?
Yuckah sausage rolls

Favourite colour?
Purple

Favourite pass-time?
Hunting!




And that was it for today! Thank you Katie and Apolline for doing this interview, it was so much fun! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did, and that it got you interested in reading this series, because it's so good, and I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.