Saturday 4 November 2017

Blogger of the Month: Ryley from Queen of the Books


I'm so excited to be able to feature Ryley as my Blogger of the Month for November! Ryley is such a sweetheart, she's super nice and fun to talk with. She's absolutely lovely, and her blog is amazing (I am obsessed with her blog posts)! Not to mention, her bookstagram is beautiful and she takes incredible photos! Now, without further ado, let's get to know her better! And keep your eyes peeled for a really fun guest post later in the month!

What book got you into reading as a habit? What about it made you want to continue reading?
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas got me into reading, well more The Assassin's Blade I guess. I was in Kmart one day and say TOG and at the first sight of the cover I decided I was going to read that book (yes, I judged a book by the cover but I guessed right!). After that I then ordered The Assassin's Blade and devoured all of the rest of the series. I think it was the confidence and badassness that Celaena had that made me want to continue because of it I wanted to continue to read books about empowering women.

What do you like to do apart from reading? What things can you not live without?

I mean there is always taking photos of books but non-book related, I love running. It is just so nice to clear my mind.

What is a book/series that you would recommend everyone to read? (I know this is a tough one to pick, so feel free to pick a few!)

*Chanting* THRONE OF GLASS.... or A court of thorns and rose, the lunar chronicles, the selection trilogy (mainly the first three, the other two or ehh) and I've just started And I Darken, which is amazing.

What are your go-to authors when you want something you just know you're going to love? Whose books you automatically add to your TBR without even reading the synopsis? Why?

Sarah J Maas could write a cook book and I would still read it. I think the emotion she puts into it really gets to me. The one thing that makes a book an automatic five stars is if it gives me emotions of some sort and SJM never fails to deliver. I also plan on reading anything Kiera Cass related purely because the Selection and The Siren where just so easy to get into.

How do you pick which book to read next?
I really enough reading series that have finished (cause cliffhangers kill...literally) so usually I just read the next one. But to decided what series next I just go based on what I've been wanted to read the longest, or whichever is getting a lot of hype.

What made you want to start blogging?

The day I decided to start blogging was a day I had actually had no sleep so it was a spur of the moment decision. I think I've continued to do so is because I can write more that just book reviews, which I usually write on Goodreads as well. Plus I really enjoy being able to give longer reviews for books.

What was the hardest part of starting your blog? What is the hardest part of blogging right now?

Probably finding the time to write a blog post. I usually write heaps in the holidays and post them over the following weeks. I also write reviews for books right away but post only one a week.

What is your favourite part about blogging?

Expressing my feelings on a book and being able to show my passion.

What is your favourite kind of post? Why?

I really love reviews because I am able to get really into it. I also enjoy theory post, which so far I've only done for A court of wings and ruin and tower of dawn but eventually will do for other book series.

Name some bloggers you'd love to meet in person!

You for starters!!! I also really love Paperfury's blog and Amber's blog.

What is your favourite quote? What do you love about it?
"Live your life on purpose." which isn't from a book but I recently heard while at Ignite Conference. Book wise though, I love "Beauty you are born with but brains you earn." and I love the fact that it gets the message across that you shouldn't care what you look like. If someone looks better than you, know that they didn't work for it, yes appreciate they are beautiful (good job for them) but know that if you use your brain better, you have achieved more.

What advice would you give to someone who's just starting their blog?
Don't hesitate, just go for it. If your thinking about starting then start.

Thank you so much for answering my questions, Ryley! And if this made you guys curious to find out more about her, or check out her blog (seriously, do, because it's awesome!), I've also included all her links for you to check out.

ABOUT RYLEY:
Hello and welcome to book kingdom, here I post all about books and mainly laugh at my awful jokes.

I started this blog because I write not only book reviews but other bookish things as well. And I couldn’t really do that on Goodreads. I also felt I was annoying people with long reviews on goodreads. So I decided that I would go with shortish reviews on goodreads and longer ones here. (most of the time they are just mindless rambles but i hope you enjoy them anyways).

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.