Wednesday 3 October 2018

Blogger of the Month: Remmie from Remmington Reads

Hi guys! I'm so excited to share this Blogger of the Month post with you all today! This is a little late, it was supposed to be up in August, but life got in the way, so here it is. But either way, I'm so excited to feature Remmie from Remmington Reads! I first found her through bookstagram, where she has a gorgeous feed, and she's just so sweet! I love reading her posts, both on her blog and on Instagram, so definitely check her out! Without further ado, let's check out the interview!
What book got you into reading as a habit?
While I've enjoyed reading for as long as I can remember, Caraval by Stephanie Garber for sure got me into reading as a habit! I read in January of 2017 and became obsessed with books after. It became my favorite book of all time...ever! 

What about it made you want to continue reading?
That book was full of so many twists and turns, it was a constant thrill to read. Once I finished it, I went on a hunt trying to find books that would give me that same thrill! I also loved how sisters were a big part of the book, and I could relate to that aspect being that I have two sisters myself. 

What do you like to do apart from reading? 
Hmmm...I would say bookstagramming and blogging, but that might be cheating haha! I love to bake (although I'm not that great at it!) and I love running! It helps to calm me down! :) I also love spending time with friends and family! Oh an shopping--I love to shop!

What things can you not live without?
I can't live without books! They give me a place to escape reality for a little while, which is so refreshing! I also can't live without my family and friends (and my dog!). I'm also a Christian, so I can't live without my relationship with Jesus! 

What is a book/series that you would recommend everyone to read? (I know this is a tough one to pick, so feel free to pick a few!)
Caraval by Stephanie Garber! The second one, Legendary, just came out and it was amazing!! I also recommend the Illuminae Files to anyone looking for a unique read! The formatting is so cool and something different than what you see in all other books! I also loved the duology Daughter of the Pirate King and Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller! Alosa, the main character, is a female pirate that is just so fierce and fun to read about!

What are your go-to authors when you want something you just know you're going to love? Whose books you automatically add to your TBR without even reading the synopsis? Why?
Anything by Jay Kristoff! I've read a few of his series and they are gold! Every time he comes out with a new book, I automatically throw it in my cart! His writing is so unlike anything I've read!!

How do you pick which book to read next?
Usually each month I get into a certain genre and then can't stop reading books within that genre. So, a lot of times it's that I just read a good book within a genre and want to read another one just like it! This also results in me getting sick of that genre after awhile, so I'll then switch to a new one! Basically, I'm very much a mood reader and just read whatever sounds good! ðŸ™ˆ

What made you want to start blogging?
I've been on bookstagram for a year now and kept seeing bookstagrammers with blogs. I always envied what they had and then realized that wait...I can do that too! So I just did it one day! I created it and have loved it ever since!! On bookstagram, you can only write so much about a book, but on a blog you can write your heart out! That has to be my favorite part!!

What was the hardest part of starting your blog? What is the hardest part of blogging right now?
The hardest part of starting my blog was figuring out all the setup and designing. I guess I went into it thinking it would be easy, but I had a lot of troubles figuring out how to setup menus, side bars, etc. in the beginning! I got it now though! Praise Jesus for YouTube tutorials! 

Right now, the hardest part is having enough to write about. I'm not a super fast reader, so I usually only have one review a week. I try to post at least twice a week though, so that means coming up with new ideas for other posts. I found some great articles with ideas though, so that's a lifesaver! 

What is your favourite part about blogging?
I just love having the space to write, write, write! Like I said before, on bookstagram you can only write so much, so having a blog allows me to go more in depth with my reviews! I also love how kind other bloggers are! There have been so many established bloggers that have reached out to me just to see how I'm doing, it warms my heart! Everyone in the blogging community is so kind, I just love it!!

What is your favourite kind of post? Why?
I love reading reviews! They help me figure out what to read and what not to read! Bloggers' personalities also shine through in reviews and it's fun to read! Additionally, I enjoy recommended reads, like recommended fantasy books, summer reads, etc. Again, they help me figure out new books I'm interested in!

Name some bloggers you'd love to meet in person!
Ahh there's so many great ones! 

She's been a long time bookstagram friend that I just adore!!

She writes such lovely and fun posts and take the most gorgeous photos!!

Ahhh this girl is amazing! I found her through twitter when I first started my blog and she helped my along every step of the way! She still is such a huge help and I will always be grateful for all she did and continues to do! She's an amazing writer too, so make sure to follow her blog!!

What is your favourite quote? What do you love about it?
"Girls should never be afraid to be smart." --Emma Watson

I love this quote so much because sometimes I feel alone in my obsession for books and knowledge (outside the world of wonderful bloggers and bookstagrammers of course!) This quote always just reminds me that it's okay to be smart and nerdy! As a high schooler, I see so many girls "dumb" themselves down to fit in, and it just breaks my heart. There's nothing wrong with being smart and this quote just encompasses that perfectly!!

What advice would you give to someone who's just starting their blog?
Know that it's a process. Being that blogging is entirely on your own platform and not social media, it takes time to gain followers. Just stick to writing and don't pay attention to the views and followers. As long as you focus on quality content, the viewers will come in time! Also, have a presence on social media. Whether that means Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. make sure to be somewhere! A lot of my views are traced back to my social media accounts, so without them hardly any people would have found my blog in the first place. 


I’m currently in the roller coaster ride of high school and am eagerly awaiting the day I graduate! As far as my future job aspirations go, I’m all over the place! Here are just a few jobs I fantasize about one day achieving: author, journalist, labor and delivery nurse, and politician (oh yeah, I love politics–don’t worry, my blog won’t have anything to do with that haha!). So yeah, I’ve got some things to figure out! In the meantime, I’ll have my nose in a book and try to avoid the time when I have to choose. Decisions are the end of me. For real.
Anyway, my love of reading flourished when I was in fourth grade and discovered dystopian books. From there, it took off and I have been obsessed ever since. In 2017, I started a bookstagram, or book-focused Instagram page, and have grown to love books even more. While bookstagram is pretty booking awesome, a blog allows me to truly review books in an in-depth, tell-you-how-I-really-feel way. Sounds pretty great, right?
As a teen, I gravitate towards Young Adult (YA) books including genres like Fantasy, Contemporary, Historical Fiction, and Science-Fiction. Every now and then I’ll get crazy and splash in some non-fiction!
Her links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.