Friday 8 February 2019

Backlist Shelf Control: Unblemished by Sara Ella

Backlist Shelf Control is a weekly feature hosted by me, The Reading Faery, that will run on Fridays, which is dedicated to sharing backlist books that have been on your TBR for too long. Each week, you talk about a backlist book (any book published the year prior or earlier) that you're excited to read and why you want to read it. If you participate, please include a link to my blog, and feel free to comment on my post and share your link, so I can check out your post!


Title: Unblemished
Series: Unblemished #1
Author: Sara Ella
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pub. date: October 11, 2016
Publisher: Thomas Nelson/HarperCollins
SynopsisEliyana has always recoiled from her own reflection in the mirror. But what if that were only one Reflection—one world? What if another world existed where her blemish could become her strength?

Eliyana is used to the shadows. With a hideous birthmark covering half her face, she just hopes to graduate high school unscathed. That is, until Joshua hops a fence and changes her perspective. No one, aside from her mother, has ever treated her as normal. Maybe even beautiful. Because of Joshua, Eliyana finally begins to believe she could be loved.

But one night her mother doesn’t come home, and that’s when everything gets weird.

Now Joshua is her new, and rather reluctant, legal Guardian. Add a hooded stalker and a Central Park battle to the mix and you’ve gone from weird to otherworldly.

Eliyana soon finds herself in a world much larger and more complicated than she’s ever known. A world enslaved by a powerful and vile man. And Eliyana holds the answer to defeating him. How can an ordinary girl, a blemished girl, become a savior when she can’t even save herself? (synopsis from Goodreads)


Why I want to read it:
Well, the cover definitely caught my attention, but it also sounds really unique and interesting. The words, "what if that were only one Reflection—one world?" really makes me interested in reading it. I mean, more than one world? Sign me up! And a Central Park battle sounds way too much fun!

Let's chat! What backlist books have you had on your to-read list for way too long?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.