Monday 3 August 2020

Queer Recommendations from Queer Readers #1


Hi everyone! Today, I am starting a new feature on my blog called Queer Recommendations from Queer Readers! As the title suggests, the feature will consist of a series of posts with recommendations featuring LGBTQIA+ representation, recommended by readers who identify as LGBTQIA+. I'm starting this feature because I want to diversify my blog, get you some great LGBTQIA+ book recommendations, and who better to recommend those books than LGBTQIA+ readers? 

To start things off, I have a recommendation from Alicia (@booksandpipedreams), who wants to recommend Loveless by Alice Oseman. Here's what Alicia has to say about the book:
"I like this book because it shows how platonic relationships and friendships are just as important as romantic ones, and it's going to help so many people feel seen and valid."

It was all sinking in. I’d never had a crush on anyone. No boys, no girls, not a single person I had ever met. What did that mean?


Georgia has never been in love, never kissed anyone, never even had a crush – but as a fanfic-obsessed romantic she’s sure she’ll find her person one day.

As she starts university with her best friends, Pip and Jason, in a whole new town far from home, Georgia’s ready to find romance, and with her outgoing roommate on her side and a place in the Shakespeare Society, her ‘teenage dream’ is in sight.

But when her romance plan wreaks havoc amongst her friends, Georgia ends up in her own comedy of errors, and she starts to question why love seems so easy for other people but not for her. With new terms thrown at her – asexual, aromantic – Georgia is more uncertain about her feelings than ever.

Is she destined to remain loveless? Or has she been looking for the wrong thing all along? 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.