Wednesday 15 April 2015

Top 10 - YA females


*SPOILER ALERT*

Some of the explanations as to why I love the character might contain some spoilers.

10. Hazel Grace Lancaster, The Fault in Our Stars

I love Hazel because she is always taking things calmly, she doesn't freak out or anything (example; she's accepted that she has cancer and will die young because of it). She tries to protect her family from the pain of losing her, instead of freaking out because of the cancer.

9. Katy Swartz, Lux


Katy is a great character. I love that she doesn't let Daemon make decisions for her, that she makes her own choices and then stand for them, no matter the consequences, and she does everything in her power to protect her family and friends stubbornly.

8. Meghan Chase, The Iron Fey

Meghan does everything in her power to protect the people she loves, even if it means sacrificing her own happiness. I don’t think I need to elaborate that.
 
7. Hermoine Granger, Harry Potter

Hermoine proves that you can be both smart and brave. And I always love a booklover, wizard or not.

6. Tessa Gray, The Infernal Devices

Another booklover! I love how she always speaks of books like they are not only books (I agree completely), and she’s brave and helps the Shadowhunters, even before she knows she’s part Shadowhunter.

5. Isabelle Lightwood, The Mortal Instruments

Izzy is brave and independent. She always stands up for her family, and don’t let anyone hurt them.

4. Alexandria Andros, The Covenant

Alex is brave and impulsive, and she doesn’t always follow the rules, which can be both good and bad in this situation. She does do stupid things a lot, but for good reasons, and she sacrifices herself for the people she cares about. And she’ll be a kick-ass Sentinel.

3. Rose Hathaway, Vampire Academy

Rose is impulsive, passionate, and incredibly stubborn. She puts her friends before herself. Example; even after figuring out how bad it is for her to help Lissa, she continues doing it. She’d do anything for Lissa, and I love that.

2. Tris Prior, Divergent

She sacrifices herself for the people she loves, and she refuses to bow down to the system. She fights for what she believes in.

1. Katniss Everdeen, Hunger Games

She stands for what she believes in and stand up against the system, and she always protects the ones she love.
 
PS: These are my favorite heroines right now. They may change with time, since I read more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.