Wednesday 15 April 2015

Review: Half Blood (The Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Title: Half-Blood
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: ❤❤❤❤❤
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal Romance
Release date: October 18, 2011
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Summary: Alex’s mom pulled her out of her not-so-normal school – the Covenant - when she was young, and in the beginning, they were moving around quite a lot, to avoid the Covenant, and had been for two years. Then her mother gets killed by daimons, and Alex has to run. She’s found by the Covenant, and Aiden St. Delphi, whom she had a crush on when she was in the Covenant. Of course, it’s forbidden – Alex is a half and Aiden’s a pure, and relationships between the races are forbidden. That doesn’t change her feelings for Aiden, though.

   But that isn’t her biggest problem.

My thoughts: I’ve waited for almost a year to read this novel, so imagine my bliss when it finally was in my mailbox. My expectations were way up here *waves hands up in the air while standing on tip-toes*. And let me tell you one thing; it didn’t disappoint me.

   There are two ways of which I read good books. One, I finish it almost as soon as I get my hands on the book because I can’t put it away. Two, I have to put it away and take pauses to remind myself that breathing is necessary and get emotionally stable before continuing. This was the second way.

   I got so invested with Alex so fast, it was like I was going through what she was going through, and I fell in love with Aiden the second he appeared and saved Alex, before I even knew his name – though I’d figured it out, but his name hadn’t been mentioned yet. I think that is some sort of record.

   I loved Alex, and I think I sort of understand why she does all the things she do, all the recklessness, even though she’s the complete opposite of me. Alex is the kind of person who do first and think then, which get her in a lot of trouble. One person in particular who gets her into trouble is her arch-enemy Lea. Her best friend is Caleb. Her worst fear is being put on the Elixir and into servitude.

   I really fell in love with Aiden the moment Alex saw him again after three years. He’s a very good Sentinel supposedly very hot and caring. He’s also very protective of Alex, which is why he tries to stay away from her – because if a half and pure have a relationship, the half is treated the worst, and put into servitude. He’s helping her train during summer, since she’s missed a lot of training during her three years of absence, and they have their close moments.

   The plot was exciting, and things kept happening, leaving you waiting for more. I couldn’t think of anything but getting home to continue reading.

   If you haven’t read Half-Blood, go and get your copy ASAP, because if you haven’t read this, you’re seriously missing out on something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.