Friday 13 November 2015

Keen Cover Friday: Nevermore series by Kelly Creagh

Hosted by Keep Booked
 
I haven't done KCF in ages, but now I'm back! Today, I've picked the Nevermore series by Kelly Creagh. Yeah, I know, it's usually just one book, but I love all three covers so much and I just couldn't pick one, so I thought, why not all of them?

 
Aren't they so cool? I love the cover of Nevermore, with the text on top of Isobel and Varen, and then the trees on Enshadowed and the glass on Oblivion. It's a really cool effect. This is how you make an interesting cover, and if I ever publish a book, I want the person who did these covers, because I truly love them.
 
Synopsis:
Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.

Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.

As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.

His life depends on it.
 
I have to say, it sounds really interesting as well. Maybe I should pick it up sometime soon (if I have the time, my TBR list is ever-growing. I have at least three piles at home waiting for me to read them, and I keep buying new ones, too). Have you read it? If so, is it as good as it looks and sounds?
 
What did you think of my Keen Covers? Did you love them as much as I do? Do you have another KCF? Share your thoughts below, I love hearing from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.