Saturday 7 November 2015

Swoon Worthy Saturday: Daemon from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Hosted by Stay Bookish
 
My pick for SWS this week is Daemon from the Lux. Since Oblivion will be released soon, I decided to start re-reading the series, and was reminded how much I love the characters, especially Daemon. He is a bit of a jerk towards Katy in Obsidian but I forgave him for that, because, honestly, who can stay mad at him?

 I picked Daemon because he is so protective of his family, and later in the series, Katy, as well. He'd do anything for the people he love. Daemon is a Luxen, an Alien, and as such, has a lot of awesome abilities, like turning into other people, moving objects without touching them, and stopping objects without touching them. He's a triplet, and his siblings are Dee and Dawson. His parents never made it to Earth, so he kind of takes care of his family.
 
Daemon is tall, around 6 ft. 3, has black hair and green eyes, and it is mentioned in Obsidian that he rarely wears a shirt if he has a choice, and he is described as very attractive and hot, resulting in a lot of staring on Katy's part.
 
Swoon worthy moments (PS: May contain spoilers for Obsidian, Onyx, Opal and Origin):
“I want to marry you because I'm in love with you, Kat. I will always be in love with you. That's not going to change today or two weeks from now. I will be just as in love with you in twenty years as I am today.”
How can you not swoon at that?
“Daemon's green eyes held a glassy sheen. His arm reached out, fingers splayed. They never reached the laser or the door. “I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will,” he said, voice thick and hoarse with panic. “I will come back for you. I will-”
 This is from Opal, at the end when Katy is captivated by Daedalus, and just swoon. Why can't guys like this be real? I mean, the circumstances may not be all that romantic, but that declaration totally make up for it.
“I can be a dickhead and I do it on purpose. I tend to bully people into doing what I want. And I let everything that had happened with Dawson amplify those…uh, personality traits. But—” He removed his finger, and his grin spread into a smile. “But you…you make me want to be different. That’s why I didn’t kill Blake. It’s why I don’t want you making those decisions or for you to be around me if I am choosing those things.”
These quotes are from Opal and Origin, because there aren't that many in the first two books, but the next books make up for the lack of it in the first one. Although, Daemon's pretty swoon worthy from the start, he just acts like a jerk throughout Obsidian.

So, what did you think of my SWS? Do you think he is as swoon worthy as I do, or do you have Another SWS? Share your thoughts below


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.