Friday 18 January 2019

Backlist Shelf Control: Incarnate (Newsoul #1) by Jodi Meadows

Backlist Shelf Control is a new weekly feature hosted by The Reading Faery that will run on Fridays, which is dedicated to sharing backlist books that have been on your TBR for too long. Each week, you talk about a backlist book (any book published 2018 or earlier) that you're excited to read and why you want to read it. If you participate, feel free to comment on my post and share your link, so that I can check out your post!


Title: Incarnate
Series: Newsoul #1
Author: Jodi Meadows
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pub. date: January 31st, 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
SynopsisNew soul

Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

No soul

Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Heart

Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life. (synopsis from Goodreads)

Why I want to read it:
I'll admit, when I added the book to my to-read list, it had a lot to do with the cover. I mean, can you blame me? It's gorgeous, and definitely catches your eye. But, other than the cover, it sounds really unique and interesting. I mean, how many books have you read about reincarnation? I'll tell you how many I've read: zero. And also, dragons. Really, I don't need anything more than that word in the synopsis. 

Let's chat! What backlist books are you dying to read? And don't forget to post your links below so that I can check them out!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite YA books. It is very different! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually reading it right now and I really like it! So far, it definitely lives up to my expectations.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.