Wednesday 16 January 2019

YA Books to Satisfy Your Wanderlust

This week, I'm going to visit France (Strasbourg, to be exact) for the first time, and I'm really excited. I've decided to get ready with - what else? - books. About travel. So this post will start with three Young Adult books that I'm dying to read, followed by three of my recommendations. So if you feel a bit wanderlust but aren't able to travel right now, here are some books to satisfy your wanderlust.

First off, I have Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch. I read the first book a few months ago, and I loved it. Not only did it have really sweet romance and amazing friendship, but the highlight for me was the settings. Seeing Italy through Lina's eyes was amazing, and really made me want to go there, and I'm honestly really excited to see Ireland. I mean, Ireland, siblings, and a cute Irish boy? Sign me up!



Next up is Wanderlost by Jen Malone. It's about a girl who ends up being the leader on a bus on tour through Europe. A trip through all the big cities in Europe is all great on its' own, but add to that some romance, and I'm in. And that's not even mentioning the whole pretending to be someone else. And the fact that it's about sisters doesn't exactly turn me off, either. As someone who dreams of going on a road trip through Europe, I feel like this is the perfect book for me!

Add to Goodreads

Finally, I have I See London, I See France by Sarah Mlynowski. Another book with a road trip through Europe. I mean, Amsterdam, Switzerland, Italy and France? Yes please! Romance sounds great, but what really caught my attention was that she's traveling with her best friend. I'm hoping for great friendship in this book!

Add to Goodreads

Now for my recommendations! First off, obviously, is Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch. It's absolutely perfect for those who love traveling, because there's so much focus on the scenery. You get to see Italy, and the mystery of the plot just adds to it. This is perfect if you're unable to visit Italy, this is the book for you!

Add to Goodreads

My next recommendation is a book that was not only a road trip through America, but also an emotional journey. The Geography of Lost Things by Jessica Brody was one of my favorite contemporaries of 2018. It was such a sweet story of friendship, love and forgiveness, and I really enjoyed the roadtrip. For anyone tired of Europe (okay, who am I kidding, no one is tired of Europe) this one if perfect!

Add to Goodreads

And finally, I have A Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee. I'm actually reading it right now and really enjoying it so far. Again, travels through Europe, which I can't possibly resist, especially Paris. And Monty is so much fun to read about. I can't wait to see what other trouble he'll get himself into in the rest of Europe!

Add to Goodreads

So that was it for today! Let's chat! Do you have any books about travel that you've loved? Or any that you're excited to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.