Friday 22 February 2019

Backlist Shelf Control: Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

Backlist Shelf Control is a new weekly feature hosted by The Reading Faery that will run on Fridays, which is dedicated to sharing backlist books that have been on your TBR for too long. Each week, you talk about a backlist book (any book published 2018 or earlier) that you're excited to read and why you want to read it. If you participate, feel free to comment on my post and share your link, so that I can check out your post!


Title: Three Dark Crowns
Series: Three Dark Crowns #1
Author: Kendare Blake
Genre: Young Adult, High Fantasy
Pub. date: September 20, 2016
Publisher: HarperTeen
SynopsisWhen kingdom come, there will be one.

In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born—three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.

The last queen standing gets the crown. (synopsis from Goodreads)

Why I want to read it:
I keep seeing it around everywhere. Several bookstagrammers I follow have recommended it, so I finally checked it out and when I read the synopsis, I knew I had to read it. It probably had something to do with the three sisters and the fight to the death for the throne. Add magic to that, and and I'm in. Plus, I've heard that it's a little dark, which sounds plain awesome.

Let's chat! What backlist books are you hoping to finally read this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.