Saturday 20 June 2015

Top 3 - Worst Books to Movies Ever


I list some of the books to movies that I’ve hated the most (for various reasons). Some of the movies are good, but didn’t follow the book enough. Some of them just really sucked.

3. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

So, here’s the thing. I like it when movie adaptions follow the plot of the book and that they contain most of the important details. When I watched the first movie, I thought ‘This started out good enough, this might become something good’. Then they skipped both The Second Summer of the Sisterhood and Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood. The second movie adaption was good enough, too, but I think it kind of ruined a little of it that they skipped so much of it.

2. Twilight

Sure, the movie followed the book pretty good, but I was just so disappointed in it. The book was a little disappointing, too, but I’d still had higher expectations of the movie. The whole thing just feels depressing, and that’s a feeling you want to avoid, unless it is supposed to be a sad movie. The book was depressing enough at times, but the movie was worse. Ugh.
And finally, the worst book to movie ever;
1. The Princess Diaries

I can understand that when you do a movie adaption, you have to change some things and that you can’t have every detail from the book(s) in the movie, but I do not understand how they can change everything so completely. The only thing they had from the books (except characters) was the main thing, that Mia finds out she’s the princess of Genovia, but otherwise, it was completely different. They killed Mia’s father (which was a disaster, if you ask me, I love Mia’s father) and changed the names of some characters. And I won’t even get started on the second movie. I don’t care how good the movie was, it really had just taken the characters from The Princess Diaries and then put them in a whole new plot.

So, what books to movies do you hate? Why? Did they not follow the plot enough, or were the cast bad, or were the movie just generally boring? Tell me in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.