Thursday 2 July 2015

Thursday Quotables: Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand

 
Welcome back to Thursday Quotables! This weekly feature is the place to highlight a great quote, line, or passage discovered during your reading each week.  Whether it’s something funny, startling, gut-wrenching, or just really beautifully written, Thursday Quotables is where my favorite lines of the week will be, and you’re invited to join in!
 
My pick for Thursday Quotables this week is Unearthly by Cynthia Hand.
 
 
Synopsis:
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees...
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart. (summary from Goodreads)
 
Now to my quotes.
 
 
This sentence is just pure awesomeness! I really agree with Clara on this one. Girls take way too much crap from boys, and I think we should stop (not saying all girls do, but a lot of girls do). The author gets extra points for telling girls (indirectly) to stop taking crap from boys. Don't let boys treat you bad, girls!
 
 
Another wise quote. I love when you can find wise quotes that can really teach you something in fantasy books. It makes it feel much more real (even though angels aren't very real).
 
 
And lastly, of course, there is a funny quote! I picked this one because I love the reference. I'm in a classic kind of mood, and Cinderella is a classic, so I loved this reference. And it's funny. I really love when authors finds new, surprising, funny ways to descride things, instead of just saying 'I felt sad and abandoned', or something boring like that.
 
That was it for this week! What did you Think of the quotes? Did you like them, or do you have other favorite quotes from Unearthly? Or do you have Another Thursday Quotables? Tell me in the comments section!

4 comments:

  1. What great quotes! Especially the first two are completely true :)

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.gr/2015/07/thursday-quotables-napalm-silly-putty.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey great quotes! Sounds like a fantastic book :D looks like a book I might like :) thank you for visiting my blog.
    Have a great day,
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's great! I'm not very far into it yet, but so far, it's promising :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.