Friday 19 February 2016

Review: Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1) by Kiersten White

Title: Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White
My rating: ❤❤❤❤❤
Genre: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Romance
Publication date: August 31st 2010
Publisher: HarperTeen
Synopsis: Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal. (synopsis from Goodreads)


My thoughts: I loved this book so much. The characters were so awesome and relatable, the plot was interesting and original, the romance was realistic and felt so real, and I loved the writing, it felt so real and alive and fun. Everything about this book was great.

Evie is such a badass character
   You know how much I love the independent, badass protagonists. Sure, she makes some bad decisions with even worse consequences in some bad situations, but honestly, if I try putting myself in the same situation, I’d probably do the same thing. But Evie doesn’t freak out. Her life gets very complicated, and it changes a lot in a short amount of time, but she deals with it very well. She doesn’t freak out or anything. And she already knew about the paranormal world. Sure, she finds out some shocking things about herself, but she lives in the paranormal world. She works with paranormals. I really liked it.
   But I think the best thing about the book was Evie’s best friend, the mermaid Lish. She was so cool and awesome and a bunch of other superlatives. And I have to say, ’bleep’ kind of stuck. Lish might be my favourite character ever!
   The plot was also awesome. I really liked the idea about IPCA (International Paranormal Containment Agency), it was interesting and original.
The romance was great
   It was realistic, as Evie and Lend didn’t fall in love immediately. It happened over a long time. And how can you not love Lend?
   I have to say, I really liked the fearies in this book. I’m not entirely sure what made them so great, I just really liked them.
   I could go on and on about everything I loved about this book. So if you haven’t read this yet, you should, because you’re seriously missing out. I regret waiting as long as I did. Paranormalcy is one of the best books I’ve read in the last few months. A great reading experience is awaiting you!

My favourite quote:
“Lish tried to swear--which is always funny, because the computer won't translate it. It went something like this: "Bleep stupid bleep bleep faeries and their bleep bleep bleep obsessions. He had better stop bleep bleep bleep the bleep bleep rules or I will bleep bleep bleep the little bleeeeeeeeeeep.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.