Sunday 21 February 2016

Top 10 - Book Couples

Here are my ten favourite book couples ever (so far).
10. Anna and Étienne from Anna and the French Kiss
They make such a cute couple, and I just love them together, their just perfect for each other.
“Is it possible for home to be a person and not a place?”

9. Mia and Michael from The Princess Diaries
This couple will always hold a special place in my heart, because it is among the first series I remember reading, and one of the first couples I shipped.
“Michael and I are an anomaly. Hardly anyone stays together forever with their first significant other, except maybe in YA novels. And usually when they do, it’s because he’s a vampire or a werewolf or owns a beautiful estate called Pemberley or something.”


8. Meghan and Ash from The Iron Fey
I shipped them from the moment they met, and I will always ship them. After everything they went through to be able to be together, I can’t not ship them.
“He was my best friend, and I'd always have a spot for him in my heart, but... it was you, Ash. I didn't really have a choice. It's always been you.”

7. All the couples from The Lunar Chronicles
Okay, I was a bit disappointed with Winter and Jacin, they weren’t as perfect as the other couples, but I still love all the couples from this series. I can’t pick a favourite, I love them all equally. I love the dynamics between the couples, and I love how different they are, and I just ship them so much. I am also still emotional from the ending of the series, and could go on and on about these couples for hours, but I’ll leave it at that.
“You deserve better than some thief who’s going to end up in jail again. Everyone knows it. Even I know it. But you seem determined to believe I’m actually a decent guy who’s halfway worthy of you. So, what scares me most”—he twisted a lock of her hair between his fingers—“is that someday even you will realize that you can do better.” 
6. Kat and Daemon from the Lux series
Okay, I admit they got off to a bad start, but I always shipped them and I always will. I love everything about their relationship. I love how they’re both sassy and I love… I just love everything about them. I don’t even know where to begin.
“I want to marry you because I'm in love with you, Kat. I will always be in love with you. That's not going to change today or two weeks from now. I will be just as in love with you in twenty years as I am today.”

5. Sydney and Adrian from Bloodlines
I loved Adrian from the moment we met him in Frostbite, and I cannot understand how Rose could pick Dimitri over Adrian, but I’m glad she did, because otherwise there wouldn’t be Sydrian. Sydrian is just so perfect. I love them so much. I love how their relationship is impossible and how they fight for their love and don’t care about what others (the vampires and the Alchemists) think.
“Escape plan #5: Open an alpaca ranch in Texas, one that requires all blond-haired, brown-eyed, brainy girls to wear sexy cowgirl outfits.”

4. Hazel and Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars
I don’t even need to explain this. Is you’ve read the book (and if you haven’t, what are you waiting for?) you will get this. There is no need for an explanation.
“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”


3. Layla and Roth from The Dark Elements
Here’s the thing: I love Roth. I love him so much I don’t even know what to say. I love how he thinks he’s so bad, but he’s not all that bad, and I love how he gets Layla to slowly accept that she is also part demon. They are just so perfect together.
"Free will, huh? Damn. It is a bitch." And then he smiled - he smiled - at me, a real smile, revealing those deep dimples. "I lost myself the moment I found you."

2. Tessa and Will from The Infernal Devices
I have to say, I ship Jessa, too, but I’m Team Will. I love that they both love books, and I just really love Will Herondale, because, how can you not, and swoon. They’re just so incredibly cute together, and my poor fangirl heart can’t take it, and the ending of Clockwork Princess killed me.
“Jem told me what Ragnor Fell said about my father,” Will said. “That for my father, there was only ever one woman he loved, and it was her for him, or nothing. You are that for me. I love you, and I will only ever love you until I die —”

And my favourite book couple of all time is … *drumroll* …

1. Alec and Magnus from The Mortal Instruments
Malec is my OTP. They are so perfect together I don’t even know what to do! I have shipped them since the moment they met in City of Bones and I think they are the perfect couple. They’re basically each other’s opposites, but that’s exactly what makes them so perfect for each other. They are by far my favourite book couple ever.
"So I'm your first ever Shadowhunter, huh?" Alec said as they separated at last. 
"You're my first so many things, Alec Lightwood." 


So, that was it. That was my ten favourite book couples of all time (so far). They might change over time, when I read new books and find new ships to ship, but these couples will always hold a place in my heart. What do you think about my couples? Do you ship them as much as I do, or do you have other ships? Tell me in the comments ↓↓↓↓↓

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.