Monday 3 April 2017

March Wrap-Up & April TBR

I really didn't follow my TBR last month. I read a lot in March, 12 books (yes, you read that right!) but most of them weren't on my TBR. I started reading The Marked Men series by Jay Crownover, and then I just couldn't stop, so I finished the whole series. But I've read a lot of books I've been wanting to read for a while, so all in all, I'm happy with how March went.


The good books I've read in March:

The Marked Men series by Jay Crownover - I wasn't planning on reading this series, but I just couldn't help myself, and once I'd started, I couldn't put them away, and finished the whole series in a week. They were that good! My reviews will come throughout April, so stay tuned for that.

Built by Jay Crownover - Another book that I just had to read. It wasn't quite as good as the Marked Men series, but I still really liked it.

Myths of Mish by Katie Hamstead - The sequel to Princess of Tyrone. It was really good, the plot was unpredictable, despite being a retelling, and I enjoyed reading it. It was almost a little too fast-paced, but definitely worth reading. Check out my review here.

Destined by Jessie Harrell - I absolutely love Greek mythology, and this book was great! It was original and I really liked Psyche. The romance was a bit too fast, but the plot was great, and I really liked it! My review will be up sometime in April.

The Animal Under the Fur by E.J. Mellow - I totally fell in love with the characters, Nashville and Carter were badass and I loved them! The plot was unique and unpredictable, and the writing was out of this world. This is one you don't want to miss! Check out my review here.

Passenger by Alexandra Bracken - I really liked it, but I didn't love it as much as I wanted to. The plot was good, the pace was good, I liked the characters, but something about it just failed to catch my attention, making it hard to get into. I'm not even sure what it was I didn't like. Maybe I just wasn't feeling it. My review will be up sometime in April.

The disappointing books:

Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves - I really wanted to like it, but it was boring through half the book, and I just couldn't get into it. The main character, Anna, really annoyed me, although she did grow a lot through the book. That, and the fact that the plot did get better closer to the end, was what brought my rating up a little. Check out my review here.

Now onto my April TBR. I'm hoping to get to read a few books from my March TBR, but I also have a lot of other books to read.

Currently reading:
  • Afterimage by J. Kowallis
  • What Light by Jay Asher
What Light is good so far, but I just haven't really gotten into it. I'm not even sure why, it's just taking a while for me to get through it. I just started reading Afterimage, so I can't really say what I think, but it seems good, so I'm hopeful.

To read:
  • The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
  • The Struggle by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Saints of Denver by Jay Crownover
  • By Your Side by Kasie West
  • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
So, I've read one book in the Saints of Denver series, which makes three books and one novella left to read, which means I have a really long TBR list this month too. The good news is that in March, while I didn't read the books on my TBR, I read 12 books, which is a lot, so it's possible. We also have a break next week, and I'm hoping to be able to read then. What books are you excited to read or hoping to read in April? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.