Monday 19 March 2018

Book Spotlight + Favourite Quotes: The Animal Under the Fur by E.J. Mellow


Today I have a book spotlight for one of the books that most surprised me last year. While I love the author, The Animal Under the Fur is a genre I don't usually read, but since it was by E.J. Mellow, I had to try it, and I didn't regret it. The writing that truly transports you into another world, characters that make you laugh, cry and swoon, and a plot that will make your heart stop, only to race faster than ever. So when I was planning my New Adult month, this book was one of the first ones that popped into my mind. Now, keep reading for all the info on the book and my favourite quotes from the book!



Title: The Animal Under the Fur
Author: E.J. Mellow
My rating: 5 hearts
Genre: New Adult, Suspense, Romance
Pub. date: March 30th 2017
SynopsisFrom award-winning author E. J. Mellow comes an action romance dripping with vengeful delight.

Orphaned on the streets as a baby, Nashville Brown, a.k.a Kill Operative 3, knows better than to rely on anyone. With heightened senses and superhuman strength to survive, she’s been raised as the perfect assassin.

The trick to her success? Keeping everyone, even her best friend, at arm’s length.

Losing his entire family in the span of a year, Carter Smith left his ability to love buried deep in their graves. His only concerns now are completing his missions and effortlessly charming the next temptress to warm his bed.

The key to his accomplishments? Working alone mixed with a Casanova smile.

But when a deadly weapon needs to be stopped from falling into the wrong hands, the lone wolves find themselves thrown into an explosive partnership. Can Carter and 3 lower their guns aimed at one another long enough to succeed, or will their unwillingness to compromise end up destroying more than their perfect records? Whatever their differences, both agree on one thing—in the game of lies and deceit, the line between friend and foe is often blurred by blood splatter.

The Animal Under The Fur is a hate-to-loath-to-love standalone novel filled with savagery, secrets, and enough angst to wrinkle the pages you’ll find gripped in your hands. (synopsis from Goodreads)



E.J. Mellow is the Award Winning Author behind the NA Contemporary Fantasy, The Dreamland Series. When she's not busy moonlighting in the realm of make-believe, she can be found doodling, buried in a book (usually this one), or playing video games. 

Residing in New York City, E.J. has no animals, but loves those that do.

You can find her on: 
Instagram - https://instagram.com/ejmellow
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ejmellow
Twitter - https://twitter.com/EJ_MELLOW


Favourite quotes

Alright, so this book was filled with awesome quotes, so here are a few of my favourites. Funny quotes, intense quotes, the type of quotes that just stick with you... Well, I'll just let you read my selection of quotes.


"I've killed more people than years I've been alive. And for reference I'm twenty-six."

"Life, I've had to learn too early, doesn't quite work out like we expect it to. It can be cruel, a jester, and most always too short. So I've adapted. Done what the creature I've been born into was made for - I've survived."

"I don't swoon, unless I'm able to kill the man who makes me."



"It's in this moment, with her a millisecond away from trying to shoot me, that I realize why I found her so intriguing before. Leave it to me to be attracted to the craziest chick in the room."

"That's something regular humans take for granted, being blessed with a quiet life. Because my life... has always been brutally loud."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.