Friday 2 March 2018

Emotional and unputdownable: The Prophecy ARC Review

*Disclaimer: I received an advance reader's copy from the author in exchange for review consideration. This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed in this review are unbiased and my own.*

Title: The Prophecy
Series: Titan #4
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 hearts
Genre: New Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pub. date: March 8th, 2018
SynopsisHistory is on repeat…

Seth never thought he’d have a future. But now he’s on the brink of having it all with Josie: A tomorrow. A family. A forever. And all that's standing between him and that forever is the Titans. If he helps Josie entomb them -- without killing them, a nearly impossible task for him -- everything he could ever want will be in reach. But he soon realizes that as a god, every little choice he makes can reshape the world for the better… or worse. And in meddling with the Titans, Seth may have just set into motion catastrophic consequences that will force the Olympians to enter the mortal realm and reshape the delicate balance of power that keeps the world from total collapse.

A price must be paid…

Entombing the Titans is Josie’s top priority. After all, it was what she was born to do. But the plans her father put into play to help her are no longer an option, and the odds she and Seth face in forging their own path are grim. The escalating violence between halfs and pures only increases the danger closing in on them and their friends. Josie knows their chances of succeeding in their task are slim at best -- and if they fail, they might lose everything. But she also knows she's not fighting just for herself -- she's fighting for the man she loves, for their future, for the world. Together with the Army of Awesome, Josie and Seth will face the unthinkable. And to win this war, the ultimate sacrifice must be made.

For the end is here and the Prophecy will be fulfilled…. (synopsis from Goodreads)



Oh my gods. What just happened? I am still in complete shock after reading this book. It was everything I expected and more. I seriously do not understand what just happened. This book was so filled with twists and turns that it kept me surprised, and hooked to the page, needing to know more. There were just so many surprises, I don’t even know how to deal with it all.

That was a week ago. Now, I’m still in shock over this book. The number of times I laughed over this book is ridiculous, and I’m not even going to mention how many times I cried. If anything, The Prophecy is an emotional read, because I care so much about these characters, and I just needed everyone to be happy. And everything just kept going wrong, and I was just a mess reading this book.

I’m going to start with the one downside of this book; Josie. I’ve loved her in all the previous books, I’ve loved how well she’s been dealing with all the stuff thrown her way, and I’ve loved how brave she’s been in spite of everything, but I just didn’t feel that in this book. She was doing everything to avoid getting in fights, and she just didn’t feel as kickass as she did in the previous books.

I’m not even sure what to say about Seth. My feelings for Seth has gone so much up and down through the Covenant and then the Titan series, and in this book, I loved him more than ever. I’m freaking in love. The amount of character development Seth has gone through since book one – or even the first book in the Covenant – is incredible. I’ve loved seeing him grow through these books, and I loved seeing how he actually started taking responsibility for his actions in this book. Plus, he is undeniably hot and, come on, impossible not to love.

I love the romance. I think Josie and Seth are just amazing together, I love how Josie believes in him and sees the good in him even when no one else does. And, okay, sometimes it makes her seem really naïve, but most of the times, I love it. And the romance is both sweet and intense. It’s just amazing.

The plot… guys, the plot. It’s fast-paced, from the beginning until the end. It kept me on the edge from page one to the very last page. It’s been a while since I finished a book in one sitting, but it was impossible to not finish this book in one sitting. If a book could ever be called unputdownable, this is it. Every twist and turn of this book surprised me, and the book was filled with twists. I’d think I had everything figured out, only to have my world turned upside down, then I’d get used to upside down, and it would turn again. The action is amazing and it never stops.

I absolutely love Greek mythology. And I love books with Greek mythology. And these books are some of my absolute favourite mythology books, because the author works it into the plot so nicely. The way she uses it, her version of the mythology and the stories everyone has heard, is really amazing. Even though you know the stories, they’re fresh and unique and surprising.

As usual, the writing is amazing. And reading this book, I think I finally figured out what it is about her writing that always gets to me. At least part of what makes it so magical. One of the things I love about her writing is that even in the direst of situations, she still manages to add something that makes you laugh. There’s this perfect balance between tension and light-heartedness. And, yes, there’s this lovely magic in her words that just keep you hooked to the page.

Basically, The Prophecy is a really emotional read. It will leave you crying, and laughing, and fangirling, and then crying some more. With a fast-paced plot that will leave you wanting for nothing more, romance that is sweet and intense, and writing that is what dreams are made of, it is the very definition unputdownable.


Just a fair warning before you start: don’t read it in public.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.