Friday 22 March 2019

Backlist Shelf Control: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling


Backlist Shelf Control is a new weekly feature hosted by The Reading Faery that will run on Fridays, which is dedicated to sharing backlist books that have been on your TBR for too long. Each week, you talk about a backlist book (any book published 2018 or earlier) that you're excited to read and why you want to read it. If you participate, feel free to comment on my post and share your link, so that I can check out your post!

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
by J.K. Rowling
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's Books
Publication Date: June 26, 1997
Genre: Children's, Fantasy

Synopsis:

When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he's the last to know. His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord's curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived. Leaving his unsympathetic aunt and uncle for Hogwarts, a wizarding school brimming with ghosts and enchantments, Harry stumbles upon a sinister mystery when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers which could be valuable, dangerous - or both. An incredible adventure is about to begin!

Add to Goodreads!

Why I want to read it:
Before you judge me for not reading Harry Potter yet, I have read them. I read them when I was nine - or, rather, devoured them. That was almost ten years ago. I don't remember much of them other than I loved them. And I know the movies by heart. Harry Potter got me through a really difficult time in my life, so it'll always hold a special place in my heart, and I've been wanting to reread these books for a long time. I have a feeling I won't love it any less the second time around.

Let's chat! What backlist books are you hoping to finally read this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.