Thursday 14 April 2016

Review: The Return (Titan #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: The Return
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 hot, oh-my-gods, please-give-me-more-Seth hearts
Genre: New Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pub. date: February 16th 2015
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Synopsis: The Fates are cackling their bony asses off…

It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.

Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her.

But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.

Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.

Book 1 in the new adult paranormal TITAN series, spin-off to the best selling COVENANT series. (synopsis from Goodreads)

My thoughts: Me when I found out there is a spin-off series about Seth:
 
 
 
That was amazing! The characters, the plot, the writing… everything about this book was amazing. In the Covenant series, I already loved Seth, although I was so angry with him throughout the fourth book, but I’ll forgive him because… well, he’s Seth. How can I not forgive him? Either way, I was so excited to read about him. I was expecting a lot. What a got was even better.
   Seth. *sigh*
 
   I love Seth. I love how protective he is of Josie, I love how he calls her Joe, I love how he can go from sweet to badass in no time… Basically, I just love Seth. And I loved following his thoughts, to see how he felt about everything that happened in Apollyon and Sentinel, to see what the consequences for him were. And I’m so happy that he found Josie, even though I want him for myself, they are perfect for each other. But, seriously, I WANT HIM!!!
   I also really liked Josie. She was really relatable, and she felt realistic. Her reactions to everything that happened to her felt realistic, although I have to say, she is very good at dealing with crazy shit. I was surprised she managed to hold it together for as long as she did. Which just proves what an amazing, badass heroine she really is, even though she’s not the best at fighting, which is totally fine, because she’s so mentally strong, which is more important to a character than physical strength.
   The plot was good, it could get a little slow at times, but I honestly didn’t mind, the interaction between the characters always kept me entertained. And I was so happy we got to see more of Deacon and Luke!
   And the mythology is just another plus. I love mythology, and especially Greek mythology, and I love reading books based on Greek mythology. And JLA is so good at writing books like that. Actually, she is just so good at writing books in general. She just has this ability to make you love the characters more than you’d believe is possible, create amazing plot-lines that keep you hooked, and write in a way that makes you completely forget you’re actually reading. You just start reading, and then you sort of wake up a few hours later and wonder where the time went.
   Wonderful characters that are impossible not to love, an amazing plot-line that will make it impossible to put the book away, a perfect ending that isn’t a cliff-hanger, but will still have you waiting impatiently for the sequel, some awesome Greek mythology, and a mix of old characters that you loved, and new characters that you will love… JLA has done it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.