Sunday 27 September 2015

The Seven Deadly Sins Book Tag

So, I wasn't tagged by anyone to do this tag, but I just stumbled upon it, and really wanted to do it, so I thought, why not?

Greed – What’s your most inexpensive book? What’s your most expensive?
My most inexpensive book was Twilight, because I bought it on a flea market, so I bought it for two dollars. The most expensive book I’ve bought is Every Last Breath, because I preordered a signed and personalized copy. The book itself wasn’t that expensive, but with the shipping, it was about 37 dollars.
Wrath – What author do you have a love-hate relationship with?
I’m using the word hate very lightly here, since I don’t really hate any author. I’ll go with Becca Fitzpatrick, because I loved  The Hush, Hush Saga, so when I heard she was coming out with Black Ice, I was thrilled, and had huge expectations, but then I just ended up hating it.
Gluttony – What book have you devoured over and over again without shame?
I just have to put it out there that I love rereading books. I don’t know why, but I really do, so I reread a lot of books, but the ones I’ve read the most is Wicked Lovely, City of Glass and The Princess Diaries, the whole series. I don’t know why, but I can’t seem to get enough of these books. I’ve read Wicked Lovely seven times (I know, crazy, huh?), so I can just open the book at a random page, read a sentence, and then know exactly what happens next, and what happened before, in detail. I know it like the palm of my hand. I haven’t read City of Glass or The Princess Diaries quite as many times as Wicked Lovely, but I’ve read them many times. I’m not sure why City of Glass is my favorite from The Mortal Instruments, or even if it is my favorite, but I just love rereading it. And I can’t get enough of Mia’s constant freaking out. I love those books!
Sloth – What books have you neglected reading due to laziness?
Well, I have two big ones. The first is The Book Theif. I’ve been planning to read it for ages, and I even went as far as to start reading it, but then a lot of other books got in the way, and now it’s just standing there on my bookshelf, glaring at me. The second one is Jane Eyre. My teacher wanted me to start reading more difficult books, so she told me to read classics. I started reading Jane Eyre, and read three or four chapters, but then I just didn’t continue. I really want to read it, though, I just haven’t taken the time to do so, which sucks. I’m still planning on reading it, though.
Pride – What book do you talk about the most in order to sound like an intellectual reader?
Well, I don’t do this a lot, because no one ever asks me about books. They know it’s a bad idea, unless they want to listen to my endless rambling about books. And the only people who ever ask are very easily impressed, since they don’t read at all unless they have to, but it’d probably be some really huge book, like The Key by Mats Strandgren and Sara Bergmark Elfgren or City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. Maybe classics? I honestly don’t know.
Lust – What attributes do you find attractive in male and female characters?
Let’s start with female characters. I love a headstrong, independent main protagonist. I like if they are witty, and they have to be able to take care of themselves. You know, the ones who don’t let anyone trample on them, who can make their own decisions and who fight like hell for what they believe in? A few examples would be Tris Prior (she could be one of my favorite main protagonists ever), Katniss Everdeen and Sydney Sage.
   And then we have male characters. Alright, so I am a sucker for the “bad boys”. I love the mysterious guys. Witty, kick-ass and hot. Although, admittedly, sometimes, it can be nice with a genuinely nice guy, too. It’s all about the balance. A few of my favorite male characters are Will Herondale, Kaidan Rowe, Roth from The Dark Elements and Reece Anders.
   But most importantly, I like characters that make sense, who feel real, and who I can understand and root for.
Envy – What book would you most like to receive as a gift?
I have a list of books, but none of them has been released yet, but whatever, I’ll list them anyway. I really want to receive Forever with You by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Winter by Marissa Meyer and Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry, because they are all by authors I love, and parts of a series that I’ve loved, for various reasons. But, really, I want to receive every book on my TBR as a gift, but that probably won’t happen, so let’s stick to those three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.