Monday 18 September 2017

Miserable Mondays: The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater


Welcome to Miserable Mondays, a tag hosted by Willa, @paper.seas over on Instagram. Since I suck at keeping up with tags over there, I thought I'd try and do it here instead. You can join in too through the tag #miserablebookmondays!

Miserable Mondays is all about sharing a book that made you cry. I seriously love this idea, because I very easily get emotional when I read (I'm a sensitive person, okay?), and this way, I get to talk about them. So without further ado, let's talk about my choice for the week, The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater.
I read this series a year ago, and I was captivated from the first page of the first book. And I still remember how affected I was by the end of the last book. I was sitting on the plane on my way home from a vacation, and I was desperately trying not to burst into tears (because that would've been embarrassing). I also distinctly remember my mother wondering what was wrong.

I don't want to spoil anything, but the ending was really hard to read, because I was such an emotional mess. Actually, I was a mess through most of the book, but the ending specifically stuck with me. It's just one of those books (one of those series) that you just don't forget. This book was so amazing and terrible at the same time, and I was so sad that it was the last book. 

This series is a total must-read. The writing is very different, and it was absolutely perfect for this book. I really liked the main character, Blue, and the plot was really interesting and original. This series is absolutely amazing, there aren't enough words in the dictionary to express how much I love it. Seriously, if you haven't read it yet, what are you doing with your life?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.