Friday 4 January 2019

Backlist Shelf Control: Something Strange and Deadly


Backlist Shelf Control is a new weekly feature hosted by The Reading Faery that will run on Fridays, which is dedicated to sharing backlist books that have been on your TBR for too long. Each week, you talk about a backlist book (any book published 2018 or earlier) that you're excited to read and why you want to read it. If you participate, feel free to comment on my post and share your link, so that I can check out your post!

Title: Something Strange and Deadly
Series: Something Strange and Deadly #1
Author: Susan Dennard
Pub. date: July 24th 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen
SynopsisThere's something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia. . . .

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about.

Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she's just read in the newspaper:

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor . . . from her brother.

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she'll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including the maddeningly stubborn yet handsome Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance. (synopsis from Goodreads)


Why I want to read it:
It's one of those books that has been on my Goodreads to-read shelf since I started my account, so it's definitely time to read it soon. I haven't read a lot of zombie-books, which is part of why I want to read it. I also am really intrigued by the Spirit-Hunters. People who protect the city from supernatural forces sound like my kind of people. I can't say exactly what about it caught my attention in the first place, but I can tell you the Spirit-Hunters re-caught my attention a few months ago.

What backlist books are you excited to read? Do you, like me, have books on your TBR that have been there for way too many years? Let's chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.