Friday 19 July 2019

Backlist Shelf Control: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins


Backlist Shelf Control is a weekly feature hosted by The Reading Faery which is dedicated to sharing backlist books that have been on your TBR for too long. Every Friday, you talk about a backlist book (any book published the previous year or earlier) that you're excited to read and why you want to read it. If you participate, please comment on my post so that I can check out your post!


Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2)
by Stephanie Perkins
Publication date: September 29, 2011
Publisher: Dutton Books
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Synopsis:

Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

Add to Goodreads!

Why I want to read it:
I read Anna and the French Kiss years ago, and loved it. It was such a sweet story (and the Paris setting was obviously a big plus, because I love France), but since the second book hadn't been translated into Swedish at the time, and I was too young to be able to read in English, I sort of forgot about it. But I loved Anna, so I really need to read this one.

Let's chat! What backlist books have been on your TBR for far too long? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.