Monday 6 February 2017

January Wrap-Up & February TBR


Hi! How have you guys been? I hope you've had a good start to  2017! I have had such a wonderful start of 2017, both bookish and otherwise. I've made a new friend IRL that loves books as much as I do, and I love discussing books with her! I've also read 11 books, most of which were amazing. I finally got to reading Six of Crows and there has been a lot of wonderful releases this month! I'm actually surprised I managed to read so many books, because right now, I have a lot at school, so I have to spend most of my time studying. I also have so many books I'm excited about reading in February, both new releases and "old" books that I'm finally getting around to reading.


So, the good books I've read this month is (including some re-reads):

Broken Prince by Erin Watt - An amazing continuation to Paper Princess, Broken Prince certainly didn't disappoint!

Twisted Palace by Erin Watt - The Royals is an amazing series that I would highly recommend to YA readers!

Rusk University by Cora Carmack (re-read) - I love this series to bits! I can't wait to read the next book, about Stella! You can find my review of the first book here.

Nowhere but Here by Katie McGarry (re-read) - This series has become my favorite Contemporary series, I love the characters and the plot and everything about it! You can find my review here.

The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova - Another original, exciting book by Kova! I loved the dragons and the Chimera, and the idea behind the guilds was amazing! The characters were really relatable and made the story one you can't miss! You can find my review here.

Long Way Home by Katie McGarry - The last book in the Thunder Road series does not disappoint! I loved reading Chevy and Violet's story, and Violet is an awesome, relatable and independent protagonist! You can find my review here.

Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo - Both were so much better than the Grisha Trilogy, with complex characters, a can't-put-it-down plot, and amazing world-building. My reviews of both will be posted by next week.


The disappointing books I've read this month:

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco - While the idea behind it was amazing, the book wasn't all that. There were some great parts, but the plot was really slow, which lowered my rating. My review will be posted sometime in February, closer to the release date. 

And now, my February TBR. I have way too many books to read for February, but I remain hopeful. 

Already read:

  • Whirl by Emma Raveling

This book was amazing! I loved the main character, Kendra, she was the perfect feisty, badass, independent protagonist, and I loved the world with ondines and dessondines and selfies and demillirs. Absolutely amazing!

Currently reading:
  • RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
  • Caraval by Stephanie Garber
So far, I'm in love with both of them. I haven't really gotten very far into either of them, but so far, they're both amazing. I was a little scared Caraval would be overhyped, but so far, I'm in love!

And, finally, to read in February (this list really makes me sad, because there is no way I'll be able to read them all):

  • Guardian of Secrets by Brenda Drake
  • Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
  • Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
  • The Shadows by J.R. Ward
  • Dare You To by Katie McGarry (re-read)
My only hope to read all of them is the school break at the end of the month, when I have time off from both school and work. I have a lot at school before the break, so this feels pretty ambitious, but I guess we'll see at the end of the month. I received an ARC of Guardian of Secrets, and I'm so excited to read it! I absolutely loved the first book, and I have huge expectations of the sequel!

And that was it for today! What books are you excited about reading in February? Any new releases, or older books that you just haven't gotten to reading yet? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.